IELTS Mini-Course: Academic Writing Task 1 – Process Writing
IELTS candidates may have to describe a process in Writing Task 1. This type of text is quite common in academic writing, particularly in science subjects, such as describing a natural process or reporting on a practical experiment. This IELTS mini-course builds on the students’ increased awareness of the passive voice and also review and expand their knowledge of linking words and phrases which should enable them to describe a process more effectively.
What Will I Learn?
- Describe a process (Writing Part 1)
- Use sequencing expressions to describe the order of stages in a process
- Use the present simple passive to describe a process
- Write an introduction and overview
- Use time markers and the passive to describe a process
- Plan a description for a process
- Interperate scientific and technical diagrams